The automotive industry depends on a broad range of components that develop crucial systems and support infrastructure that is assembled to give shape to a complete automobile. The Rubber seals are one of the most important parts of any automotive vehicle for smooth functioning & transportation. These integrated systems withstand the impacts of vibration and motion from the engine, driving surfaces, and other factors. Seals & gaskets ensure enough cushioning and firm seals to keep the gases and liquids from leakage. As one of the best rubber products manufacturers in India, Sujan Industries provides a wide range of rubber sealing solutions from the transmission to the engine to the windows and doors, etc.
As rubber gaskets and seals play an important role in an automotive vehicle, it must execute below important characteristics for smooth operation & comfort of transportation.
Using high-quality seals confirms each part operates reliably and independently.
There are a few rubber sealing solutions that are used in the automotive sector and the most important ones are as follows:
1. Seals and Gaskets: Seals and gaskets are one of the vital components of the automotive industry that are mostly used for critical sealing applications. Hence, the selection between gaskets and seals is very important. The design of these parts is specifically helpful for maintaining the required functionality as per specifications and standards to minimize leakage and avoid the chances of risk.
However, there are a few differences between these two rubber seals and these are:
2. Oil Seals: Oil seals are important mechanical parts that are used in pumps, pipe connections, hydraulic systems, pistons, and so on. Mainly these products are used to stop any fluid leakage and also fill the gaps between stationary and moving parts. Also known as fluid seals, dirt seals, shaft seals, grease seals, rotary seals etc., they can keep any contaminations from getting into the system in challenging situations. Apart from that, these oil sealing solutions stop intermixing two diverse mediums like water and lubricating oil.
3. Rubber Washers: These types of seals are flat rubber rings and have an open Centre that allows fluid to go through the linked components. They ensure a non-abrasive and tight seal to safeguard it from vibration, leaks and electrical charges.
4. Rubber Gaskets: These are highly customizable parts that are broadly used in the automotive industry to meet the needs of customer-specific requirements. They are used to prevent leakage between linked parts due to their durability and temperature resistance.
5. Rubber Bushings: Rubber bushings are flexible and simple to use for components like internal combustion, gear sticks, and suspension systems. They help reduce vibration, absorb shock, eliminate the lubrication needed between parts, and resist abrasion.
6. O-rings: Made from elastomeric materials, O-rings help seal two nearby surfaces to prevent liquid leakage. They have close contact with the sealing surface and are crafted to bear extreme temperature, load, liquids, and corrosive gases.
Rubber sealing parts have a key role in the automotive industry. Primary uses of these sealing parts in any mechanical instrument involve reducing vibrations and minimizing the damage from vibrations, filling the gap between components, stopping contamination from dirt or moisture, preventing leakage of gases or liquids etc.
Unlike other seals in other industries, seals in the automotive industry are durable, extremely reliable, and silent. They can survive extreme vibrations and heavy-duty use that are related to a running engine. Rubber sealing parts help the vehicle function and run properly. Not only in cars but they are also used in ATVs, motorcycles, off-road heavy vehicles and equipment. Here are some applications of rubber seals in automotive industries:
Rubber seals are really an integral component of the automotive sector. Some important rubber sealing solutions used in this sector are seals, gaskets, rubber washers, rubber gaskets, O-ring seals, oil seals, etc. However, the functions of these key parts include the following:
Sujan Industries is one of the tops rubber products manufacturers in India and a leading global supplier of rubber seals for various demanding applications in various industries like Automotive, Aerospace, Railways, Electrical, Off-highway, Power, etc. We use different rubber materials like Neoprene, Silicone, EPDM, Viton (Fluorocarbon), Nitrile (Buna-N), SBR, Butyl, Natural, Acrylic (ACM), Vamac (AEM), Polyurethane, Fluorosilicone, Hydrogenated Nitrile rubber (HNBR), ECO rubber, etc. based on the application & specific requirements from the customer. Our excellence has been built on our ability to provide our valued customers with the most effective designing, engineering, and manufacturing solutions to meet their demanding & critical application requirements.
Get in Touch with us to get a better technology Rubber Seals solution for your projects.